The annual poster contest is an opportunity for student ACASC members to present and compete for prizes at the annual symposium.
- To increase the value of research within the sports chiropractic specialty, especially among the future generation of sports chiropractors.
- To give beginning sports chiropractic researchers a venue to develop research presentation skills.
- To expand knowledge translation to symposium attendees
- Create visibility and presence for campus ACA Sports Council
Posters should present research on one of the three aspects of sports chiropractic:
- Sports chiropractic treatment of athletic injuries
- Sports chiropractic prevention of athletic injuries
- Ergogenic effects of sports chiropractic care
Types of research
- Basic science (e.g., biomechanics, physiology)
- Clinical (e.g., clinical trials, observational clinical research)
- Literature reviews
- Case series (more than three subjects)
- Case study (report of a single case)
- Other (e.g., epidemiology, population studies, practice analysis, etc.)
Commemorative awards and scholarship monies donated by sponsors will be given to the top 5 vote getters. Cash prizes with a guaranteed prize structure of, at least, 1st - $2000 - "The Hyde Award", 2nd - $1000, 3rd - $750 and two Honorable Mention awards of $450.
Deadline to enter for 2017 is September 15, 2017. For a complete list of content rules and regulations, click here.
To view examples of posters and 2017 winners, click here.
Submissions and questions should be submitted to Dr. Tim Stark at SPORTCHIRO@aol.com.
To stay connected, visit and follow the Facebook page specifically for this contest.
Congrats to the 2017 Poster Contest Winners!
1st Prize - Kristin Freitas and Mark O'Brien! (pictured below)
2nd Prize - Michael Klein
3rd Prize - Brent Chuma
Honorable Mention - Rachel Gilmore
Honorable Mention - Samantha Scarcella
Participation Award - Jordan Knowlton-Key
Participation Award - Christopher Wuttke