The annual poster contest is an opportunity for student ACASC members to present and compete for prizes at the annual symposium.
- To increase the value of research within the sports chiropractic specialty, especially among the future generation of sports chiropractors.
- To give beginning sports chiropractic researchers a venue to develop research presentation skills.
- To expand knowledge translation to symposium attendees
- Create visibility and presence for campus ACA Sports Council
Posters should present research on one of the three aspects of sports chiropractic:
- Sports chiropractic treatment of athletic injuries
- Sports chiropractic prevention of athletic injuries
- Ergogenic effects of sports chiropractic care
Types of research
- Basic science (e.g., biomechanics, physiology)
- Clinical (e.g., clinical trials, observational clinical research)
- Literature reviews
- Case series (more than three subjects)
- Case study (report of a single case)
- Other (e.g., epidemiology, population studies, practice analysis, etc.)
Commemorative awards and scholarship monies donated by sponsors will be given to the top 5 vote getters. Cash prizes with a guaranteed prize structure of, at least, 1st - $2000 - "The Hyde Award", 2nd - $1000, 3rd - $750 and two Honorable Mention awards of $450.
Deadline to enter for 2017 is September 15, 2017. For a complete list of content rules and regulations, click here.
Submissions and questions should be submitted to Dr. Tim Stark at SPORTCHIRO@aol.com.
To stay connected, visit and follow the Facebook page specifically for this contest.
Congrats to Jasmine Hanson, the 2016 Poster Contest Winner!