The annual poster contest is an opportunity for student ACASC members to present research and compete for prizes at the annual symposium.
To view examples of posters and 2017 winners, click here.
1st Place: Kristin Freitas and Mark O'Brien (Palmer West) The influence of cervical chiropractic adjustment on static balance in an asymptomatic population. A randomized control trial.
2nd Place: Michael Klein (Palmer West) Improvement to decorticate posture in post-acute stroke patient through conservative chiropractic care.
3rd Place: Brent Chuma (UBCC) Use of functional objective testing in order to monitor and prevent risk for non-contact injury.
Honorable Mention: Rachel Gilmore (Cleveland) Effects of nutritional supplements on concussion and traumatic brain injury. An umbrella review.
Honorable Mention: Samantha Scarcella (NWHSU) Chiropractic manipulative therapy in the treamtent of cerebral palsy.
Participation Award: Jordan Knowlton-Key (NWHSU) Importance of differentiating whiplash from concussion.
Participation Award: Christopher Wuttke (UBCC) Prepatellar bursitis and quadriceps contusion with hematoma: differences in assessment and treatment.
Winners Mark O'Brien and Kristin Freitas with Drs Ed Feinberg, Carly May, and Tom Hyde.
Archives: View 2016 winner
- To increase the value of research within the sports chiropractic specialty, especially among the future generation of sports chiropractors.
- To give beginning sports chiropractic researchers a venue to develop research presentation skills.
- To expand knowledge translation to symposium attendees
- Create visibility and presence for campus ACA Sports Council
Posters should present research on one of the three aspects of sports chiropractic:
- Sports chiropractic treatment of athletic injuries
- Sports chiropractic prevention of athletic injuries
- Ergogenic effects of sports chiropractic care
Types of research
- Basic science (e.g., biomechanics, physiology)
- Clinical (e.g., clinical trials, observational clinical research)
- Literature reviews
- Case series (more than three subjects)
- Case study (report of a single case)
- Other (e.g., epidemiology, population studies, practice analysis, etc.)
Commemorative awards and scholarship monies donated by sponsors will be given to the top 5 vote getters. Cash prizes with a guaranteed prize structure of, at least, 1st - $2000 - "The Hyde Award", 2nd - $1000, 3rd - $750 and two Honorable Mention awards of $450.
Deadline to enter for 2018 is September 15, 2018. For a complete list of content rules and regulations, click here.
Submissions and questions should be submitted to Dr. Tim Stark at email@example.com.
To stay connected, visit and follow the Facebook page specifically for this contest.
Mark O'Brien and Kristin Freitas, 2017 first place winners